Friday, October 15, 2010

Peach Cobbler

This was one of my childhood favorites, and whenever I eat it, it takes me back to the days of my mother's soft caresses and a cozy home filled with wonderful smells.

When I got old enough to start baking, I asked my mom for the recipe. After she told me how easy it was, I remember thinking, "if it's that simple, why didn't you make it more often?"

2 large cans of peaches in heavy syrup
1 box of yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines is my favorite)
1 stick of butter, room temp

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 glass pan, dump peaches in. In a bowl, cut butter into cake mix until pieces are the size of dimes. This is what a pastry cutter is for, but since most people don't have one, you can use 2 knives or a fork. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the peaches, don't press or stir. Bake for 30-40 min or until top is golden brown. 

Nothing compliments this better than Breyers vanilla ice cream and a cup of coffee!

Thanks, Mom, for the recipe and the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment